Welcome to Ecker Hill Middle School
Empowering, challenging, and motivating sixth and seventh grade students to become socially and academically responsible citizens.
2465 West Kilby Rd
Park City, UT 84098
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
6 and 7
Registration Information for 2018-2019
Brand new to the Park City School District?
Please download and complete the 2018-19 Registration Packet. Once completed, please contact the registrar, Mary Kelsch, to make an appointment to complete your student’s registration. Student will not be registered until you have met with Ms. Kelsch.
Once your appointment is made, you will need to bring the completed packet along with the following required documents:
- Proof of current Immunizations
- Proof of Residency that accompanies the form
- Copy of your student’s Birth Certificate
- If there is a divorce or custody agreement, we will need a document copies
August Registration Dates:
Friday, August 17: 12:00 – 3:30pm
Monday, August 20: 8:30am – 3:30pm
Tuesday, August 21: 8:30am – 3:30pm
Information will be mailed home the week of August 6th.
- 7th Grade Immunization Reminder: **All 7th graders need a Tdap booster, Varicella and Meningococcal vaccinations. Once shots are received, bring proof of immunization to office. You will not receive your student’s schedule without this proof.**
Returning 7th grade students will be required to bring their laptop case to pickup their computer during registration days.
First day of school: Thursday, August 23, 2018
EHMS School Community Council Nominations 2018-2020
The Ecker Hill Middle School, School Community Council (SCC) is soliciting elementary parents and guardians interested in serving on the 2018-2020 School Community Council. Additional information can be found under Community > School Community Council.
Keep Calm your school counselor can help.
School Fee and Lunch Payments
School fees are handled through the EHMS Main Office. School fees can be paid at e-Funds for Schools with a credit card, checking account or debit card. You can set up and maintain your own e-Funds account. The school will never have access to your banking information. You have the flexibility of making payments any time from home and you even have the option to make recurring payments or installments.
Your child may qualify for free or reduced price meals. Assistance is available to those who qualify. Please bring in a completed application (en español.) Note: Proof of need must be attached to the application before it can be processed.
Online Lunch Account System: PayPAMS (lunch balances roll over each year)
Additional News and Information
Parent Electronic Device Orientation
All EHMS students will receive a district-owned laptop for the school year. Parents are required to view the Electronic Device Orientation before the student will receive his or her computer. Parents may watch the orientation from home, or at the school. Directions are shown below:
- Go to http://www.gcntraining.com/ (opens in new tab)
- Click "Login to View Training"
- Select "New User - I do not have a Personal ID" and click Next
- Enter Organization ID as 70308p and then click Submit
- Enter Your Preferred Personal ID (recommended as First Name and Last Name with no spaces) and click Submit
- Complete the following fields keeping in mind:
- This orientation only needs to be completed once per family if the boxes are filled out correctly
- First Name (Legal) and Last Name reference the parent going through the Laptop Orientation
- School, Student First Name, Student Last Name, Student Grade Level reference the OLDEST student belonging to this family in the Park City School District
- Additional Student Names references all other students in grades 6-12 belonging to this family in Park City School District. Please use legal names and enter the school in parenthesis, i.e. Barney Rubble (EHMS), Fred Flintstone (PCHS).
- Email Address reference the parent going through the Electronic Device Orientation
Logout after finishing the tutorial. Make sure you have reviewed and electronically signed both the Internet Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and the Electronic Device User Agreement (EDUA) during the online registration process. Students may not receive their laptop until all three pieces (Orientation, AUP, and EDUA) have been received and recorded by school officials.
To set up a Parent PowerSchool Account, parents will need their student's parent access ID and password. (This information is mailed home the first week of September.) Parents can link all of their students to one Parent Account, all you need is the parent access ID and password for each of your students. For instructions, see the Parent Single Sign-On Instruction Sheet.
If you lose, or didn't receive, your Parent Account set-up instructions, contact the school. For security reasons, we will not give out account information by phone, fax, or email. Logins can be picked up in person or mailed to the home address we have on file. PowerSchool logins are reset every summer to protect your privacy.
With a Parent PowerSchool Account, parents will have access to a special Email Notifications page where they can sign up for automatic progress reports. Because of this exclusive feature, it is highly recommended that parents keep their account ID and password confidential and not share it with their student. Students get their own ID and password when they pick up their laptop.
How to sign up for PowerSchool Email Notifications
Parents can now create their own Canvas account and link to all their PCSD Students. Provided below is a list of information each parent will need to have on hand and links to the instructions on creating the account and linking the students.
Gather the Canvas Login information for your student(s)
Quick access to your personal email account
Use a computer to navigate to https://pcsd.instructure.com
Follow the How Do I Sign Up for a Canvas Account as a Parent Guide
Add another student (or two or three) by following the How do I link to another student as an observer Guide
Review the Observer Guide for an overview of what to expect
Please Note: PCSD Employees wishing to observe their students within PCSD should NOT use their @pcschools.us email address. They should use a personal email address.
The Park City Schools Aquatic Center is also located at Ecker Hill Middle School. Check out our page for event times and other information.